Monday 2 March 2009

Economic-Types of Unemployment

Today I had an Economic lesson with Mr.Chris .And then I found there are too many things I haven't done yet.Even I have never seen them... for example "Supply-side policy"and what... Multiplier...Maybe that's called a difference.So for us the better thing is we can learn more before the exam coming.And now I found this difference I think it is not too late so I decide I will join the Economic class when I have that time .For improve my knowledge level also English.So let 's talk about some academic thing instead of those unuseful words.

Today we did some thing about the unemployment in class.So I will talk about this topic to help me to remember them.So the first one I will say the types of unemployment.There are 8 types of unemployment.They are :
  1. FRICTIONAL: It's means workers temporarily between jobs and before he has a new job he needs to wait so during that time he is a unemployed. so maybe cause people delay in applying interviewing and accepting job will cause Frictional unemployment.So the way we can try to solve this problem is improve information of jobs.
  2. STRUCTURAL:This one it is not because the demand has decrease but because the workers have wrong skills and in the wrong place maybe because people need another skills to do that job so it is a kind of redundancy and they need to be retrained.So what we could is subsidies and improve the mobility of labour .
  3. CYCLICAL: because the total demand in whole economic is low so all firms need fewer workers.So what we can do is increase government spending also reduce tax.
  4. TECHNOLOGICAL:Like firms replace workers with machines so if we have machines we won't need too many labours so that's may make people become unemployed.
  5. INTERNATIONAL:Maybe because the products made by the UK is high price and low quality so people will more likely to buy import so the people who work in the UK company may lose their job.Because overseas firms will replace UK producers.
  6. REGIONAL:means that the unemployment are in the same area.So may be because at that location is not good for work so what the government needs to do is find a good location for those firms.
  7. SEASONAL: It's the easiest one because some jobs are seasonal for example fruit picker.... so if not the season for them to work they will become unemployment.So what they may to do it is to learn another skill to cover another seasons.
  8. VOLUNTARY:Somepeople don't want to any job.so ofcourse they are unemployment.

That's a lot of things to remember. (*_*)

1 comment:

chris sivewright said...

Classical, Involuntary

better to check the syllabus and see which ones you have to know

if you read other people's blogs (which I told you to do) you would have seen the posts about unemployment weeks and weeks ago!

Do as I request and you'll learn!