Monday 9 February 2009

What I have learned today

Today we have two business lessons in the afternoon.We have discuss about the Japanese car company Toyota and what strategy may help it to go through the economic downturn.I think it was a very good lesson because I got a chance to speak to others of course who are not speak Chinese.Although I was very nervous but I had no choice I had to speak.And even I wasn't very good but I was try I think that is a very good point.I will be better next time I am sure.Okay concentrate on my work.I notice everyone write something about the Toyota and the strategy .So I think I should do something different .

So today I was copy all the motivation theory from Lex ,this is my first time to completely write them down .So this is a first time and also is the last time .Because I will completely remember them that way I won't need to copy them the second times.So begin ,there are :
Mcgregor: theory X and theory Y
Taylor: payment by work--tooling,training,organisation
Mayo: how thorn effect like centre of tension and work hard-- turn the light on
Vroom: expectancy theory like to see the chance of doing success work hard--making confidence
Herzberg:motivation and demotivation --motivate by praise and achievement money is demotivation

And I need to remember some vocabulary:
-Diversifying merger is merger with a completely different business
-Value analysis is to think how to make a cheaper product
-Over capacity is when there are too many products
-Capacity utilisation is equal actual output divided by potential output
-Lobby is make pressure to change
-Downturn is a recession unprofitable things
-workforce planning means need demand for labour and supply
-Rationalisation means to reduce the unprofitable things
-Reverse strategy means to do something in a totally different way than before
-J-I-T -just in time ....low stock

Those are a part of what I had learn.

No comments: